K NO W New Pathogens
Promote proactive protection of natural and agricultural resources from invasive plant pathogens.
- Expand and mobilize science, technical capabilities, and technology transfer.
- Promote the development and integration of an information network infrastructure for plant pathogens.
- Invigorate communications and public awareness of plant pathogens.
- Catalyze connection, coordination and participation in national and international partnerships.
- Identify and define appropriate human and fiscal resources to address plant pathogen issues.
1.0 Science, Technical Capabilties, Technology Transfer
- Inventory existing national and international infrastructure and capaciy.
- Identify knowledge gaps.
- Determine the most important pathogens, their biology and pathways.
- Improve diagnostic capabilities
- Develop sound systematic knowledge.
- Evaluate mitigation options.
- Mobilize the transfer of science and technology nationally and internationally.
- Policy makers
- Exporting countries
2.0 Information network and infrastructure
- Identify existing information resources.
- Articulate a vision of the desired network infrastructure.
- Determine data and information gaps.
- Promote the analysis and development of data to fill information gaps.
- Catalyze linkage mechanisms through agencies and other organizations.
3.0 Communications and Public Awareness
- Disseminate white papers and other Subcommittee products on the ITAP Web site.
- Communicate with scientific societies who we are and what we do.
- Establish liaisons across ITAP Subcommittees, FICMNEW , and ANSTF
- Utilize Sharepoint
- Develop and implement a Subcommittee strategic communications plan.
- Participate in Invasive Species Awareness Day.
- Identify roles and responsibilities.
- Inventory venues and organizations who are key players on both national and international scales.
- Identify existing linkages.
- Identify desirable linkages.
- Assess gaps and develop and action plan to fill them.
- Implement plans to fill gaps.
- Facilitate communications among players.
- Identify and brief agency decision-makers to support and implement Subcommittee products and topics.
5.0 Human and Fiscal Resources
- Present the compelling case for the urgency for addressing the impact of plant pathogens on economics, natural resources, and trade.
- Leverage Subcommittee member agency resources to support Subcommittee work plan deliverables.